Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Sora?
Sora allows you to read and listen to all of Lowther Hall's fiction eBooks and audiobooks. It can be used on phones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers, and the Sora app is available through the iTunes App Store and Google Play store.With Sora you can:
- Borrow a book and start reading with a single tap
- Create and export notes and highlights
- Define words - and review a list of all the words that you've looked up
- Earn achievements for reading, and for completing certain tasks in Sora
- Enjoy reading eBooks and audiobooks!
How to use SORA?
STEP 1 Install the Sora app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store or go to soraapp.com
STEP 2 In Sora, find your school or enter your school's setup code (our school setup code: kocschool),
STEP 3 Sign in with your school Gmail account.
STEP 4 Browse the Explore tab and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading right away.
STEP 5 Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your books (including assignments). From there, you can:
- Tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to the book.
- Tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, and more.
- Sora Help
Need help using Sora? Check out this webpage, or come talk to the Nora Collisson Centre staff!
- How to download a book
Want to read or listen to a book offline? This page will show you how to download a book in the Sora app.
- How to use Sora offline in your browser
This page provides instructions on how to read or listen to Sora books offline using Chrome or Firefox.